Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday W Canaday is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:21:52 -0700, Steve B wrote:

"Leon" wrote

A good and successful salesman or representative has to swallow
his pride on occasion and try to see it from his customers point if
view.

I saw a cute cartoon: Man talking to a lady at a complaints desk.

Man says, Lady, if we let you keep the merchandise, refund all your money,
AND shoot the salesman, then would you be happy?

I managed for Dominos Pizza in Detroit and that WAS the guarantee.

If we shanked the pizza and had to make a replacement, you got it AND a
full refund. If the driver balked, you could also keep him ... we
certainly had no further use for him.