Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote

A good and successful salesman or representative has to swallow
his pride on occasion and try to see it from his customers point if view.

I saw a cute cartoon: Man talking to a lady at a complaints desk.

Man says, Lady, if we let you keep the merchandise, refund all your money,
AND shoot the salesman, then would you be happy?

LOL...I actually used that tactic on occasion and it really works well.
Sometimes coming from left field with a comment defuses the situation.
One of my service advisors introduced me to one of his better customers one
day. He called me in my office and asked that I come and meet Ms. So n So.
The 2 of them were actually in on this little meeting together.

Mr. Leon, I would like you to meet a good customer of mine and let you know
that she has been having a problem getting an intermittent problem resolved.
I stood there nodding my head and listening and looking at her as he went on
to say, Mr. Leon, I told Ms. So n So not to worry as her satisfaction was
our goal and that we were going to resolve the problem with her car even if
it TOOK EVERY PENNEY THAT SHE HAD. I almost got whip lash as
I turned my head and stared directly at my service advisor in disbelief.

Ms. So n So was the first to crack up laughing. She was only there to get
an oil change. Whew!