Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"Steve B" said:

For you to prattle on about such things just shows you
must be a Liberal Democrat. These things happen every day.

I fully agree with Mr. Clark, and I am very, very far from being a
"Liberal Democrat". I also agree that "These things happen every day",
but, to belabor the obvious, that doesn't make it right, ethical, or
honorable.

I really cannot believe what I've been reading in this thread. Well,
yes, I can, I just don't want to. Please tell me I'm wrong, but some
of the posts in this thread give me an impression of one who is
willing, even eager and proud, to commit dishonorable, dishonest,
unethical, illegal acts for no reason other than displeasure with a
customer.

The acts that I've seen described amount to nothing less than theft.
Theft of wages from the employer by not performing those duties for
which the employer paid. Theft from the customer by depriving him/her
of goods belonging to that customer. I find such acts to be immoral
and unethical at best; dishonorable at worst.