Posted to rec.woodworking
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"Locutus" wrote in
:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"grappletech" wrote

I left her a penny tip and called the
manager about her. Buttholes don't deserve to be rewarded with
tips.

Whenever I get bad service, bad food, or just bad anything, I NEVER
EVER leave without a face to face with the manager to let them know.
In many cases, it is not the restaurant's doing, and they appreciate
the heads up.

We had two OBNOXIOUS children in a booth near us at a Mexican
restaurant one night. Screaming and running around. I have been
going to this restaurant chain for decades. When I complained to the
manager, she said, "This IS a family restaurant." I did the meanest
nastiest thing I could. I told her that she would get no more of my
business, that I would bring no more family or guests to the
restaurant, and would not suggest it when asked for a good Mexican
restaurant.

Her attitude was, whatever.

Usually they appreciate being told about a crappy server or cook.
AND I will also go to the trouble of turning in a good report on an
exceptionally good performance.

But I always do it face to face. One time I got a $100 gift
certificate at a really good restaurant for reporting something I
didn't like.

Steve

It's the managers fault because you don't like kids???

I would have probably shared the opinion of the manager.

He never said he didn't like kids. I'm sure he loves kids. I'd be mad
too -- trying to eat and having to put up with screaming kids. The
parents should reign in their brats, and the manager should have AT
LEAST asked the parents to settle their kids down for the comfort of
other diners. When I was a kid, I never acted up in public because if I
did I would have my butt whipped. Man, discipline is disappearing.
Isn't it? I attended both Texas and California schools throughout the
1970's/1980's (divorced parents). In Texas, if someone gave the teacher
continual lip/disrespect/talking/disrupting, etc., one of the Vice
Principals would come down and swat their asses out in the hall. Guess
what? It works. I RARELY saw any bad behavior in TX schools. In CA,
where there was no paddling, the bully kids ran the classrooms. I
remember in TX in middle school, a 16 year old bully (he flunked 3
times), was giving the teacher lip. The vice Principal came to fetch
him. The kid, a large fat kid, wouldn't leave, so the Vice
Principal/football coach dragged the kid out by his arms into the
hallway and paddled his ass hard. The kid was crying. He quit acting
up though. paddling equals physical pain and humiliation, something
kids don't want to have done to them twice. Hey, a nice project would
be to make a paddle and engrave "Justice" on it! Of course, drill holes
in it.