Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"grappletech" wrote

I left her a penny tip and called the
manager about her. Buttholes don't deserve to be rewarded with tips.

Whenever I get bad service, bad food, or just bad anything, I NEVER EVER
leave without a face to face with the manager to let them know. In many
cases, it is not the restaurant's doing, and they appreciate the heads up.

We had two OBNOXIOUS children in a booth near us at a Mexican restaurant
one night. Screaming and running around. I have been going to this
restaurant chain for decades. When I complained to the manager, she said,
"This IS a family restaurant." I did the meanest nastiest thing I could.
I told her that she would get no more of my business, that I would bring
no more family or guests to the restaurant, and would not suggest it when
asked for a good Mexican restaurant.

Her attitude was, whatever.

Usually they appreciate being told about a crappy server or cook. AND I
will also go to the trouble of turning in a good report on an
exceptionally good performance.

But I always do it face to face. One time I got a $100 gift certificate
at a really good restaurant for reporting something I didn't like.

Steve

It's the managers fault because you don't like kids???

I would have probably shared the opinion of the manager.