Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 06:51:22 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

henry wrote:

I give 20% to wait staff because I know they make a couple of bucks an
hour and depend on it. Not to mention the time setting up or clean up
making no tips. If outback gave me lousy food I might resort to 15%.
but that is wrong because it proably was the kitchen fault and not the
wait staff.

If the food is lousy it's not the waiter's fault, but part of the tip
usually goes to the cook (you think the waiter gets to keep it all?).

Well, in all the restaurants I ever cooked in neither I nor any other
person in the kitchen ever saw a penny of the tips. The waiters in one
place used to moan about only making $20-$30 an hour in tips (back in
the 70's!) while as the lead line cook I only made about $6.

If the food is bad tell the server and have them pass the gripe on to
the cook. If the service is bad tell the server and minimize the tip.
If they're both bad tell the manager and don't tip anyone.
--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com