Posted to rec.woodworking
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

You cannot please some customers.

Correct

That guy that said, "The customer is
always right" was full of it.

Not really. The customer is always correct if you want to keep him as
a customer. Some times you have to just swallow you pride and get
past it. The customer is always correct is a state of mind not a
reality.

When a company does screw up (it happens) and it effects the customer,
the worker from the company who is now dealing with the customer, even
if not directly responsible for the error, should at least apologize to
the customer before attempting to resolve the problem. In all of my
years dealing with companies and working for companies and with
customers, I have noticed that customers get real ****ed off real fast
unless they get an apology. Sometimes, arrogant employees refuse to say
"sorry" to the customer, so the customer stays ****ed off, and the
situation further escalates into bigger problems: legal problems,
cancelled contracts, etc.. So as representatives of our companies (and
we who work for co's are), regardless if we directly caused the error,
we need to at least apologize to the customer. To acknowledge the fact
that the customer has been inconvenienced usually is enough to satisfy
the customer and keep them coming back to your co..