Posted to rec.woodworking
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

Very generous you are. I however feel that if you get bad service or
bad food the problem should be corrected before even thinking of
presenting a reward to the waiter. Cleaning up is part of the job,
no one would go to a restaraunt with messy tables. There are crappy
jobs in every industry. Waiters have the benefit of a reward if he
does his job correctly. His job does include making sure that you are
happy with what you ordered.

We ate at a restaurant recently, and our waitress happened to have some
relatives of hers in the booth 2 booths over. So instead of servicing us,
she kept standing there gabbing with them. After 20 minutes, I stood up
and walked over to her and asked for drink refills. She gave me a dirty
look like I was an intruder and she said ok. Then I sat down, and a few
minutes later, my wife said: "go ask her for more bread also." So I walk
over to the waitress, who's still gabbing, and as I'm walking up she says:
"You already told me to get refills; I'm on my way to get them!" and gives
me a look that would peel paint. I left her a penny tip and called the
manager about her. Buttholes don't deserve to be rewarded with tips.