Posted to rec.woodworking
New Wave Dave New Wave Dave is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"New Wave Dave" wrote

Is it a Teamster thing?
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

You got a problem with Teamsters?

Only that I'd like to know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. (KIDDING,
Steve!)

Having spent 25 years with the [now defunct] Suffering Pacific
Railroad as a dues paying member of the Brotherhood of Railway, Airline,
Steamship Clerks I am certainly aware that if it weren't for unions most
people today would not make the scale they do. And, I paid my dues all
the years I was a middle management officer. So, in a general sense. I
am pro-union.
Back to my original post, the liftgate charge just caught me off
guard. The order was FREIGHT PREPAID and that additional (and
surprising) $57 came directly off the already slim bottom line for the
job. I also know how freight tariffs work having spent more than a
couple of my railroad years as a rate clerk.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston