Mark

Default Leasing industrial space for hobby use

Swingman wrote:

Sorry to bring you back down to reality ... unfortunately, we are more or
less forced to "go there" about this time of year.

I mentioned it because I just happened to get my 2003 property tax statement
a few minutes before I read the thread ... damn taxes property taxes around
here are now on a par with monthly mortgage payment. 80% of which goes for
education (sub standard), via local school taxes, mostly to pay for perks

I know how you feel.

I see it as my duty to pay to educate children so it didn't use to
bother me when money went to the school system. That's altruism as Wife
and I have no children and never will.

However I will never vote for another school levy and will do what I can
to make any levy fail.

The local school board needed both a school and stadium. Guess which
they built first. Yes, a stadium. But not just a stadium, a frigging
nice sports complex, almost state of the art. I've seen universities and
colleges with less.

But this complex is not even theirs. They got a levy passed, bought the
land and prepared it, then through some convoluted local political and
business deal had the stadium built and are now leasing it.

So now their asking for more money, a huge levy to build a school. Big
Boo Hoo from the board about the children being in a 40 year old building.

First, they made their decision, sports are more important than education.

Second, the lease payments. They can't make them. If these people get
the levy passed no doubt where the moneys going, to the holder of the
lease. The boards buddies.

To sour this a bit more, I live in an allotment that had it's own tax to
pay for city water and sewer. No one else paid for this and it's been
paid off. The sports complex is right up the street and when they built
it they tapped into the utilities we paid to have installed.

Told you not to go here, you mention your tax statement and it opens a
train of thought I rather had left closed. This thread started out about
leasing space for a hobby and look where it's been hijacked to.

/vent

Sorry folks.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)