Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] lairdy@gmail.com is offline

Default Ever wondered why your gas bill is so high?

Jake D wrote:

My gas statement shows my "used volume" in units of "hcf" which they
then convert to kWh Used using a conversion factor of 1.022640. Does
anyone know what "hcf" stands for?

Hundreds of cubic feet, as the original poster stated.

The conversion factor is an average, depending on when the meter
reading took place. It will take into account the varying chemical
composition of the gas and a deemed temperature at which it is
delivered (the meter measures volume, not mass, which would be better).

--
"Blessed are the pessimists, they make backups!"