Ed Huntress

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

"Edward Dekker" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Edward Dekker" wrote in message
.. .

Robert Kennedy worked for McCarthy on the committee staff in this
period and thought enough of the man to ask McCarthy to be the
godfather to Kathleen Kennedy (Townsend). Kathleen was born July 4
1951 seventeen months after McCarthy's Wheeling WV speech.

(Interesting how far left the family moved since the early 1950's.)

Ed

They didn't move "left," Ed. The family was always staunchly

anti-communist.
So were almost all Democrats.

There is little doubt that Ted Kennedy and the younger generation of
the Kennedy family are far left. (I will post justification for this
statement if necessary but it should be obvious.)
Lets look at the Kennedy positions (of RFK and JFK) in the 1950's and
1960's and compare them to the Democrat and Republican alternatives
in the 60's.

snip

Those are good examples, but I was distinguishing the times in a different
way. As far as most people are concerned, the Kennedys stopped being a
consequential influence in national politics after RFK was killed. So I was
thinking about the mid-'60s as the other end of the line.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)