Posted to rec.woodworking
:wumpscut: :wumpscut: is offline

Default choosing a miter saw:

I am looking for a good miter saw. I was told by HD that i shouldn't
think of Ryobi as their not accurate with the cuts. is this true? I'm
just starting a business and can't waste or invest so much right away
on a more "accurate" saw so the Ryobi's seemed a good
choice. What do you all think? yeah the laser is only good when up,
the dust bag sucks but what about the angles? is the 22.5 degree cut
i want going to be that or -+ a bit? with what i do, a bit is a whole
lot!

I will be using it to cut and frame crown moulding on top and bottom
areas of these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...hnovariums.jpg
-
[img:ecf4d82ede]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/Terra5Designs/arachnovarium_Ten_Vert_Arboreal_5.jpg[/img:ecf4d82ede]
-
as well as larger ticket items like this:
[img:ecf4d82ede]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/Terra5Designs/Slant_Front_Vivarium.gif[/img:ecf4d82ede]
-
[img:ecf4d82ede]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/Terra5Designs/Wall_box_arachnovarium_01d.jpg[/img:ecf4d82ede]

to that, a client will look close and if the angles aren't on the
money, meaning a 45 isn't a 45 but a 46 or on a hex, if the 22.5 is
more like a 23 then it's not going to sell. will this saw help get
the ball roling good enought or is the gauge off like HD says?