Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"henry" wrote in message
oups.com...
I give 20% to wait staff because I know they make a couple of bucks an
hour and depend on it. Not to mention the time setting up or clean up
making no tips.

Very generous you are. I however feel that if you get bad service or bad
food the problem should be corrected before even thinking of presenting a
reward to the waiter. Cleaning up is part of the job, no one would go to a
restaraunt with messy tables. There are crappy jobs in every industry.
Waiters have the benefit of a reward if he does his job correctly. His job
does include making sure that you are happy with what you ordered.

If outback gave me lousy food I might resort to 15%.
but that is wrong because it proably was the kitchen fault and not the
wait staff.

Sounds like you are simply rewarding Outback for bad service. Consider
also, what tip does the cook get out of the meal that he has cooked for you?