Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Water Storage Tank - Plumbing the Pump & Pressure Tank

Scott Townsend wrote:
thanks guys for the help.

The Elevation will be interesting. If I always have the 2500 gallons in it
and either draw from the bottom, or from the 2500 gallon mark, the elevation
would be 4-5 above where the pump would be at the well head.

So I think that should be sufficient enough to get the water to the pump
from the tank.

I like the Idea of Drawing down Low and putting in a Cut off if it gets to
below 2500. That way I'm recircing the water and not letting the bottom 2500
just sit there. Yeah I know it wont really get stagnant there, but it would
be better circulation if I drew from the bottom. I have all the sensors &
Control for that.

Thanks All again...

Scott-

Good point about the bottom half just sitting there. I do like your
idea of drawing from the middle of the tank so you always have 2500 gal
for fire protection. You can gain both items. Just install your input
pipe from the well at the bottom of the tank - that will keep the
contents stirred every time the pump runs. Might even simplify your
plumbing layout.

Harry K