Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tim Schubach Tim Schubach is offline

Default Steady Rest for a 10" lathe

I still have my first lathe given to me by my parents decades ago.
Recently, I had need of a steady rest, and picked one up at the local
Woodcrafter's store only to find out that a steady rest built for a 12"
lathe doesn't fit a 10" lathe - DUH!

So I've been on the hunt for a smaller version, and have not been successful
so far. Other than building one from scratch, are there any other sources
where I might find one for my smaller lathe?

I also feel like I should put a bumper sticker on the smaller lathe: My
other lathe is a 16". And I do have a home made steady rest for it.

Thanks
Tim