Posted to rec.woodworking
Darrell Dorsey Darrell Dorsey is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
I've decided that this is on-topic for this NG since many of us order
large tools that have to be delivered freight.

When a truck driver drops a pallet in your garage, is he expecting a tip?
How much? What do you think?

It's never a question with the UPS guy since he is already gone before I
can even answer the door, but the freight guy is a different story.

This is why the whole concept of tipping sucks.

I dont know if you're supposed to, but when the guy delivered my Unisaw, he
did a good job and I gave him $20. I dont think he was expecting it. I
personally tip the guys when they make a large delivery. It's pretty hot
here in Houston and they usually work hard. It feels good to bless some
one. And everyone likes to be appreciated. You never know what they may do
for the next person that day.

Darrell