Posted to rec.woodworking
New Wave Dave New Wave Dave is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

wrote in message
oups.com...

In other words, if it's a long-distance motor-freight delivery to a
residence, and I haven't paid for a liftgate, and yet the driver shows
up with one anyway, yeah, I'd tip for that.

Wait till you get the bill from the truck line for that liftgate!
Watkins Trucking delivered a crate of MDF cabinet doors I had ordered
from Lakeside Moulding in Mississippi. It was freight "PREPAID." I met
the driver at the rear of the truck in the street in front of my house
and he lowered the crate onto my flatbed dolly using the liftgate. The
bill came the next week. $57+ (fifty-something cents a pound) for the
liftgate! How else would one suppose it the merchandise gets from the
bed of the truck to the ground?
Nest time, assuming there is a next time I just have the driver shove it
out the back, then file a damage claim.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston