Posted to rec.woodworking
Al Al is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

IMHO It's not a requirement to tip anyone in restaurant or other, the tip
is a gratuity to show how much you appreciate what they have done. I have
been on both sides here I used to deliver products to homes and businesses.
I got and I have given tips, I delivered furniture for a few years and it
was really appreciated. For me it depends on the amount of effort or
service that the delivery person or service person puts in. I will never go
back to Outback for example because they told me that I had to pay at least
X amount for a tip. That's crap, if you get good service which we did not
but we were going to tip some anyways then you get a good tip. It's a
gratuity your saying thanks and how much you appreciate it. In effect it's
all up to you. Of coarse this IMHO.

opinions are like A@#wholes everyone has one! Including me :-)

Al

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
I've decided that this is on-topic for this NG since many of us order
large tools that have to be delivered freight.

When a truck driver drops a pallet in your garage, is he expecting a tip?
How much? What do you think?

It's never a question with the UPS guy since he is already gone before I
can even answer the door, but the freight guy is a different story.

This is why the whole concept of tipping sucks.