Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message
I've decided that this is on-topic for this NG since many of us order
large tools that have to be delivered freight.

When a truck driver drops a pallet in your garage, is he expecting a tip?
How much? What do you think?

No, he expects nothing and is paid a decent wage. I find that most drivers
are very courteous and try to give good service. Their employers expect
them to do this in order to sustain business with good relations. OTOH, if
the driver does something above and beyond, sure a 5 or 10 will be
appreciated. If he sets it in place in your garage, a $5 bill is probably
OK, If he unpacks, sets up the tools, makes test cuts, then go for $10.