Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

"James E. Cannon" wrote in message

I understand the difference when delivering to a business. I receive
shipments via semi at work all the time (*BIG* computers) and obviously
don't even consider tipping them. It just seems different when it's a
home delivery since I don't have a loading dock or forklift.

Even with out lift gates or fork lifts I too have received stock on a daily
basis at a business. For the most part a loading dock and fork lift at a
delivery location is a luxury mor most delivery drivers.

It's not that I felt so grateful that I "wanted" to tip (I already paid
$125 for shipping), I just don't want to be seen as a cheapskate and maybe
pay for it later with late/damaged shipments if I do business with the
same driver again.

The driver will pay if you will receive a damaged shipment. I would not
worry about it unless he went out of his way to help you out. Otherwise, he
is just doing his job.