Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default A retractable extension cord reel that works?

You might try spraying the cord with a light silicone lubricant. Unwind the
entire length, spray, then WIPE! I wouldn't use WD-40 or any petroleum
based lubricant.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Im on my second extension cord reel of the this style:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

Have a Home Depot version and this craftsman version. But both have
been marginally effective. In both cases a) they seem to stall on auto
rewind half way and require repeated tugging and repulling out to get
going again and b) they never quite pull the entire cord back in
without getting hung up (always leave a couple feet).

Is there such thing as one that really wors? ;^)