Posted to uk.d-i-y
PhilC PhilC is offline

Default My tenants had a water meter installed, I want unmetered water back.

"Charlie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe I'll try Frank's approach first before claiming against my
tenants. It sounds a bit messy.

Charlie

hzatph wrote:

"Charlie" wrote in message
oups.com...
We recently rented our house out for a year and the tenants did not get
our permission to have a water meter installed.

Three Valley are refusing to give us unmetered water now.

On their website it clearly states:
What if I am renting my premises?
You must obtain the permission of your landlord before applying for a
meter installation.

so I though I had a fairly strong case.

Has anybody got any ideas or lines of enquiry I could persue to try and
get unmetered water back.

Reason for wanting unmetered water:
Three Valleys currently charge about £130 per year for unmetered water
to a property like ours.
At the moment metered water is costing us approx £20 per month.

Thanks in advance

Charlie

You may have a claim against your tenants - try uk.legal but the advice is
not a consistently good as it is on here

Try uk.legal.moderated less prats and trolls

PhilC