Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default My tenants had a water meter installed, I want unmetered water back.

On 8 Aug 2006 05:03:54 -0700, "Charlie"
wrote:

We recently rented our house out for a year and the tenants did not get
our permission to have a water meter installed.

Three Valley are refusing to give us unmetered water now.

On their website it clearly states:
What if I am renting my premises?
You must obtain the permission of your landlord before applying for a meter installation.

so I though I had a fairly strong case.

Has anybody got any ideas or lines of enquiry I could persue to try and
get unmetered water back.

Ask the water company for a copy of the permission granted "by the
landlord" before the meter was installed. If such was not given, then
they have installed the meter unlawfully and you, as the landlord, can
charge them a wayleave for as long as it's there.

--
Frank Erskine