Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Brophy Joe Brophy is offline

Default The Borg vs Lowes

In my neck of the woods they are next door to each other,
share the same (overall) parking area. HD was there first.

Interesting experiences/observations: It seems like what one
has (in some cases) the other has a minimal/nonexistent
stock, or flat don't carry it. Several times I have been
forced to go to both just to get all the stuff to complete a
job, neither had a complete stock of all things on my list.
At first I thought it was just a fluke, but since it seems
like it is a 50-50 chance I will need to make two stops to
finish a job.

They both seem to make "mistakes" mixing paint at about the
same rate, however, so I will usually check both anyway,
hoping to get a deal on a 5 gallon pail of paint that is a
close match to one of the colors used on my house. I keep a
baggie in my truck with paint peels off the cans used for
the largest areas to maintain. One or two lucky finds a
year help "ease the pain" of knowing I sometimes HAVE TO go
both places to get materials I need. Ha! regards. Joe.

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:24:47 -0400, "Tom Nie"
wrote:

Best thing that can happen is when they're about a block apart. Believe me,
the pricing's better than out somewhere's all by themselves!

TomNie

"Drb" wrote in message
.. .
Yippee!!! Good old Canada finally gets a Lowes in GTA, anyone know where?