Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Water Storage Tank - Plumbing the Pump & Pressure Tank

I'm working on putting in Cement pads for my Well and 5000 gal Water Storage
Tank. The tank is about 40' away from the Well.

I want to make sure I make the Pads big enough for the equipment. I'd like
to just have the Tank there on its own and then have lines back to the Well
Pad for the Feed and Supply. So at the Well Head I'd have the Pump in the
Well, the Buster pump for the stored water, the pressure tank and all of the
lines to the irrigation, house, etc.

Is there any rule of thumb on how far away the booster pump and Pressure
tank should be from the storage tank?

If the booster pump and Pressure tank are at the well head, they would be a
foot or so lower in elevation then if they were at the tank itself.

Any Suggestions or diagrams of external tank hookups would be great!

Thank you!