Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The Borg vs Lowes

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
Best thing that can happen is when they're about a block apart. Believe
me, the pricing's better than out somewhere's all by themselves!

TomNie

"Drb" wrote in message
Yippee!!! Good old Canada finally gets a Lowes in GTA, anyone know
where?

Oddly I have a mix of 5 Home Depots and Lowe's within 7 miles of me and in
the middle of it all a Family hardware store that is constantly growing and
beats all the Borges pricing on same products. This is in SW Houston.

Near Brenham TX, about 70 miles NW of Houston, the Borgs are more expensive
than the mom and pop hardware stores and lumber yards.

You pay for convenience, sorta. If you buy at a Borg, you can probably pay
less elsewhere for the same identical item.