Posted to alt.home.repair
bt bt is offline

Default Wiring Timer Switch Question

I recently bought a timer wall switch for my outside lights. When I
went to swap out the switches I ran into a problem. The old switch is
in a gang box with 2 other switches. The switch had 2 black wires
running to it and all 3 netural wires are gathered together with a nut
in the back of the box. The new switch had a black, white, and blue
wire. The instructions said I must have a white wire to make this work
and gave no further explanation.

Question1: Can I take the netural wire for that light from the ones
grouped together in the back and attach to the white wire?
Question2: What would I attach the blue wire to?

This switch may not work in this situation, but wanted to check with
others before I have to ship back to the seller. Any help would be
appreciated.