Bruce

Default Leasing industrial space for hobby use

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:39:35 -0700, AL wrote
(in message r1NFb.620484$HS4.4538622@attbi_s01):

Has anyone tried renting industrial space for hobby use? My little one-car
garage just doesn't cut it anymore. Do the leasing companies only deal with
business entities? Has anyone done this before? Any pitfalls? I know
insurance might be difficult to obtain, but I'm not sure about anything
else.

I rented a "stall" in a segmented warehouse a number of years ago It had a
steel walkthrough door and a 12 foot roll up, about 800 ft^2. I had to get my
own 220 power run in since it only had a single shared 110v 15A circuit which
cost about $600. Rent on the space was about $200/month (no other utilities).
They didn't really care what I did, just as long as rent was paid. Others had
small machine shops, chile roasting/packaging, potato chip distributor, etc.

-Bruce