Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Rigid band saw

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:20:10 GMT, "Jimmy" wrote:

I'm looking at the Rigid band saw at H.D. Anyone had any expeiance with it?
I can't find a riser block for it. Anyone know if one is made for it? The
saw is here. Hope the link works, it's pretty long.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...m.0& MID=9876

I've had one for a couple of years and am happy with it...

It would be nice to have more than 3/4 hp, but for the $300 I spent on it, it's
a lot of saw for the bucks..

On the advice of the group here, I went with the Grizzly riser kit at Amazon.com
The saw is made off shore and is branded and painted differently for whomever
markets it.. the Griz kit was 2/3 of the price for the same thing from Ridgid,
if you don't mind a green block on a gray saw.. *g*

Anyway, my saw was great from the time I assembled it... I was reading here
about setting up, changing wheel alignment and all those other things but didn't
need to do much more than put a blade on and adjust the guides... cuts straight
and no wobble, tracks in the middle of both wheels, etc..

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis