Matthew Turner

Default Leasing industrial space for hobby use

Speaking as a tenant and the owner of a small business, finding the
right landlord and the right space is the hardest thing about setting
up a business. In the past five years I've had two serious threats to
put me out on the street, and right now I'm in a battle because the
landlord's heating contractor did a bunch of unauthorized work and
they're trying to stick me with the bill, plus a $35 "management fee"
if you can believe it.
You'll hear lots of horror stories. The bottom line is: if you hear a
little voice telling you not to deal with someone - walk! And whatever
you do, don't take a space on "month-to-month" if you plan on doing
any major work there.
Good to see Steve Knight from the "oldtools network" on the list!

regards,

Matt Turner
Turner Racing Shells Ltd.
www.turnershells.com