Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Read what I wrote, "rinse" just water. Though in our case it's the
washing up water just before the plug is pulled. No additional resources
used above that for the normal washing up. Yes, shock horror washing
up by hand!

Yes, sure I read about that somewhere ;-)

A wheelie bin probably holds more than 4 bags worth of rubbish though.

So we would only need a collection every 3 months or so (1/4 bag/week, 4
bags = 16 weeks). I bet they'd still come every week...

I don't think I have ever put out a wheelie bin less than 3/4 full...
(shame we can't recycle cardboard in these parts, since I always end up
with a significant quantity of that)

--
Cheers,

John.