Glenn Ashmore

Default Leasing industrial space for hobby use

Speaking as a landlord who rents industrial space, I don't care if you
are commercial or hobby as long as you can demonstrate to me that you
can pay the rent over the lease term, will actually occupy and regularly
use the space so I can worry less about vandals, not damage the property
and not do something to get the EPA or the DEA down on me.

For sure I would rather have a hobby machinist that that guy who just
went belly up leaving me with a $50K clean up of solvents and other yet
to be identified chemicals dumped in back of the building.

AL wrote:

Has anyone tried renting industrial space for hobby use? My little one-car
garage just doesn't cut it anymore. Do the leasing companies only deal with
business entities? Has anyone done this before? Any pitfalls? I know
insurance might be difficult to obtain, but I'm not sure about anything
else.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com