Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:35:55 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

What contaminated food packaging? Tins rinse easy, as do bottles and
jars, frozen food packs/bags are pretty clean but again rinse if
required.

At what cost (monetary or environmental) in water, heating, and
detergent though?

Read what I wrote, "rinse" just water. Though in our case it's the
washing up water just before the plug is pulled. No additional resources
used above that for the normal washing up. Yes, shock horror washing
up by hand!

IMHO wheelie bins actually slow the collection of rubbish down.

A wheelie bin probably holds more than 4 bags worth of rubbish though.

So we would only need a collection every 3 months or so (1/4 bag/week, 4
bags = 16 weeks). I bet they'd still come every week...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail