Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default Meter cupboard ventilation

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message

"Hugh" wrote in message
Does anyone know the requirements for ventilation of a cupboard
containing

gas meter, and would it differ if there were 2 , or more meters?
In particular, trying to find out the size of vent required.
tia
Hugh

I can't think why there should be any need to ventilate a cupboard
containing a gas meter specifically. All restricted volumes are going to
be
better if vented to fresh air as eventually without ventilation it will
started to smell stale or worse.

Regards

Bob

Thanks Bob,
but I believe there is an requirement and probably a specification. The
logic being, of course, that if there is a leak however tiny, it can't build
up into anything serious with continual ventilation.
It's just that someone asked me, and I remember about 2 years doing a
conversion and we had to install a vent in a meter cupboard, but can't
remember any other details!
It's old age creeping on!

Hugh