Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

On 2006-08-06 16:16:31 +0100, "Dave Liquorice" said:

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 14:52:12 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

What I would prefer to see is some competition in the form of a few
licensed private operators competing on service and price and with the
customer paying them directly rather than the council as a middle man.

So instead of having the streets clogged up once a week (or fortnight)
with the bin wagons you either have a load of them throughout a single
day or "bin days" spread through the week. Wonderful, not.

Of course I doubt it would take long for these private operators to
come to "an arrangement" where they collect "each others" rubbish.

OK, so the alternative would be to have a single operator on a time
limited contract (one year max) without the council in the middle of
the transaction.