Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

On 2006-08-06 11:38:43 +0100, "Dave Liquorice" said:

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:15:51 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

All councils need to encourage the recycling of as much waste as
possible to reduce the amount of land fill tax they'll have to pay.

But how does collecting the rubbish every two weeks instead of every
week make a difference to that? The volume doesn't change overall....

Only that in most areas (certainly in mine) the introduction of
fortnightly collections is coincident with that of wheelie bins/pavement
recycling

If they gave me a council tax reduction of £50 - 100 per year for
recycling, that might be an incentive. The trouble is that they would
need to employ dozens more inspectors to make sure that I did it.

According to the council's PR puff, they are already inspecting my
rubbish to make sure I'm recycling. (But that probably means they're
just checking who's not putting out a paper sack/bottle box alongside
their wheelie bin...)

David