Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff McCann Jeff McCann is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
"Jeff McCann" wrote:

"Robert Sturgeon" wrote in message
On 5 Aug 2006 09:30:43 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

I think you have a good point Robert.

In my opinion the more technologically advanced a society is, the
more "fragile" it becomes.

A miracle! We agree on something. Great.

I think the reverse is true. Technological advancement gives a
society options, redundancies, flexibility and the ability to assess
and remediate problems.

Jeff

And if the electricity goes out for six months or even six weeks?

You mean like it did here after the last hurricane? No problem; my
generator worked fine.

Jeff