Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

Peter Lynch wrote:
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:43:07 GMT, Lobster wrote:
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Meat only has to be in a bin for a day to attract flies, so you feel that
the council should collect every day?

Wel, that's what they do in Mediterranean countries where the
temperature is comparable to what we've been experiencing here recently!

Yes, and they charge (well, at my place anyway) less than 50 euros a
year for the service.

Not having evolved to wheelie bins, the main problem round here is that,
however well you bag up and tightly close food waste, the foxes will rip
it open just to check.
In our local park I used to rant about kids emptying rubbish bins just
for the hell of it until one day I watched a gang of crows methodically
drag everything out and scatter it across the car park. Bloody vandals