Mark

Default O.T. Those ATF guys are silly

Artemia Salina wrote:

Perhaps it's just my imagination but I believe that I've been seeing a trend
where LEO's have become more and more paramilitary over the past ten or more
years, and I wonder why. Have the many police reality shows been influencing
other police departments in a keeping-up-with-the-Jones' kind of game? Are
civilians really that much more dangerous than they used to be? If so, why?

Remember Kent State and May 4th?

A couple of years back Campus Police purchased M-16s. There was some
real screaming when that got out. They say they returned the assault
weapons but I have the feeling they put them in the Kent City PD as the
Campus Police Chief and City Police Chief are brothers.

They replaced the M-16s with some militarized sporting rifle.

What the hell does a university police department need with assault
weapons. On occasion I take classes and I have yet to meet a radical,
someone willing to stand against the system and make a sacrifice. These
people are sheople with a herd mentality.

And though KSU has some good officers Campus police are generally only
one click better than private security rental cops. I would have a hard
time trusting one in a real situation with such a weapon.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)