keith bowers

Default Flourescent lights in the shop

BEAR wrote:

keith bowers wrote:

Snip

For what it's worth I picked up nine four-tube 4' standard start fixtures
from Western Electric surplus around 1967. The ballasts started failing
about five years ago; About then I found a bunch of solid state
industrial ballasts at a hamfest and replaced the standard start units as
they failed. The electronics haven't held up well at all.1've used about
six of the electronics so far and four of them have failed 8o(.
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC

Just curious what brand electronic ballasts have failed?

I've been running a row of 4 x 4 bulb toughers over one row of
lab benches for about 4 years, 12 hrs a day no failures yet...

Also are you running the ballasts with the suggested bulb types?
Some of them take the "watt saver" bulbs and not the 40 watt
type and some take both, and some run only the 40 watt style
and don't like the other...

And maybe the ones from the hamfest were actually rejects,
and that's how they ended up there... s'pose it's possible.

_-_-bear

--
_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -

I used the correct lamps. I have used up the stash and would have to take a
fixture apart to get the name. The dead ones are somewhere in the old
chicken house.
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC