Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

On 2006-08-06 08:50:00 +0100, "Dave Liquorice" said:

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:37:42 GMT, Peter Lynch wrote:

We had exactly the same problem last year when our council bumbled
onto this stupid, stupid policy (why can't they just sack a few
pointless employees to save money, like a normal company?

I suspect if you dig a bit deeper it's related to the land fill tax
that is pretty steep already and going to get even higher. All councils
need to encourage the recycling of as much waste as possible to reduce
the amount of land fill tax they'll have to pay.

But how does collecting the rubbish every two weeks instead of every
week make a difference to that? The volume doesn't change overall....