Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Gunner Gunner is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:56:49 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Blame the home builder. The last 4 homes that I have lived in have had
garages only big enough for cars. When I was a kid I recall most every "Man
of the house" was able to change a tire, make minor repairs and build items
from wood. This neighborhood was built just after WWII and every garage in
the neighborhood had at least 1 additional room attached for a work shop,
storage, and in my case the garage had 2 extra storage rooms and a maid's
quarters. All this detached from the main 1,200 sq. ft. 2 bedroom 1 bath
house. I do not recall any of these extra garage rooms not having some kind
of work area or work shop.

And home owner associations that forbid you from even leaving your
garage door open for more than 30 minutes.

A house in most new developments is no longer a home..but a place to
sleep, and park your fat ass in front of the TV

Gunner

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop

for torturing the cat." Gunner