Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Ignoramus8770 Ignoramus8770 is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

I have to mildly disagree with the originaly sentiment. I go to garage
sales often, and I do see many garages with tools and machinery. Just
recently I bought a huge kiln from such a garage (resold for 8x what I
paid), or a big shop compressor (which I kept), etc. There are people
out there with interesting stuff, although they are a clear minority.

Just today I saw someone selling 1-2-3 blocks, machinist vise etc. (he
wanted too much for his stuff, e.g., $35 for a 1 hp motor with bad
bearings)