Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
jtaylor jtaylor is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Do your children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, the generation who
is succeeding us, have the basic skills that are needed in the world
today?

Well my son can use the Yellow Pages and write checks. He know what a
hammer is, but does not have the desire to find out which end does what
functions.

True story:

Was visiting my aunt Prudence (that's her true name, too) and she had us all
doing errands at the mall while she bought groceries. I got to go to the
hardware store for something-or-other. I noticed a lady asking the clerk
something and as I passed by I overheard him say "Those are what we call
hammers, ma'am."

The best part was the _absolutely_ neutral tone of voice he used; give that
guy a raise.