Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Emmo Emmo is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

I would mention that those men who can do even the most basic of work,
whether on the home or car, are richly rewarded by all the women who love
being with someone who is 'handy'.

Examples: I changed an alternator in the parking lot of the Autozone in
less time than the guy next to me took to replace his windshield wipers, and
the woman I did this for couldn't wait to richly reward me for being so
skilled. I nailed up a soffet vent that had come loose for my neighbor, and
got a delicious cherry pie. I swapped out a ceiling fan for a sales rep and
the woman told everyone at work what a great guy I was, "...and so handy,
too"

I think its a code word...

I used these stories to convince my son to learn how to do this stuff, and
recently he replaced a hood release cable for a girl in his dorm. He told
me that she was very grateful, but he wouldn't share the details wih his old
man...