Don Foreman

Default O.T. Those ATF guys are silly

On 19 Dec 2003 07:42:01 -0800, (Pete Logghe)
wrote:

A great boondoggle? ?

Yeah, if you get to be the guy playing with rockets on their budget!

Their mission was to _prove_ that one more freedom _needs_ to be taken away
in the name of security.

What freedom might that be?

In any case, all the more reason to be there to see what really
happens. An individual or group of motivated and technically savvy
experimenters could probably do this, but a buncha ATF agents?
They'd just write a report saying that they got one off the ground
with few casualties at the launch site, thus proving their assertion.

In an increasingly complex world, we can have a free or a safe world.
Maintaining both is becoming ever more unlikely.
Perhaps there should be more debate over which we prefer.