Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmie D Jimmie D is offline

Default GOOD toilet that flushes in ONE flush?

"Philip Lewis" wrote in message
You want to shorten the life of every item in the tank, then use
those blue things.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:32:03 GMT, AZ Nomad
wrote:
What flush mechanism? The only moving part is the flapper over the hole
from tank to bowl. There are no moving part for the siphon that starts
the
flush once there is enough water in the bowl and there are no passages
under 2" in diameter.

It plugs the holes in the bowl part... so that the water
cannot leave the tank back fast enough to create a good siphon/rinse.

I'm thinking that might be one thing wrong with our upstairs loo.
(wife used to put them in until i told her about the problems)

--
May no harm befall you,
flip

We have a vacation house where the toilets are getting clogged at the rim
with hard water deposits. The guy at the hardware store suggested we use
2000 flushes in the bowl to clear it, I wanted to use a little muriatic
acid. The 2000 flushes made it worse, a lot worse. I got rid of the 2000
flushes and flushed the toilet about a dozen times each time adding a couple
of tablespoons of muriatic acid to the tank The tank had already needed an
overhaul prior to this as there was a constant leak into the bowl partly
because the flapper didnt seat properly and partly because the valve would
not shut off. The acid made easy work of the clogged rim and the overhaul
stopped the wasted water. I am happy.