Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] thepackrat741@gmail.com is offline

Default picture problem - Hitachi 50UX7B

While convergence problems ARE common to these sets, a ROLLING picture
leads me to believe that the problem is is on the small signal board.
Most likely an electrolytic cap going bad near the main vid processor
chip. IF you don't have an ESR meter to check the caps with ...you can
use a heat/cold ( hair dryer/freeze spray ) to narrow down the area of
the fault .
** common suspects are 1uF @ 50Vdc and 2.2uF @ 160Vdc
hope that helps

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...