Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default picture problem - Hitachi 50UX7B

Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It's possibly a comb filter and/or PIP problem. I have the service
manual
in PDF format from Hitachi Service. Not easily fixed in the house.
Watch
out for so called Techs who don't work at electronics full time, & some
who
only have a cell phone number! I'm seeing some units totally damaged, &
not
worth repairing! Dani.

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

While convergence problems ARE common to these sets, a ROLLING picture
leads me to believe that the problem is is on the small signal board.
Most likely an electrolytic cap going bad near the main vid processor
chip. IF you don't have an ESR meter to check the caps with ...you can
use a heat/cold ( hair dryer/freeze spray ) to narrow down the area of
the fault .
** common suspects are 1uF @ 50Vdc and 2.2uF @ 160Vdc
hope that helps

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...

On a UX7 series it's pretty straightforward. Plug in a Svideo source
like a DVD and see if you have good video on that input. If you do, you
need to repair the comb filter, M301. If it still acts up on that
input, the problem is most likely the PIP circuit. Caps, Caps Caps!!

www.techdata-kicksass.net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in
oups.com:

It's possibly a comb filter and/or PIP problem. I have the service
manual
in PDF format from Hitachi Service. Not easily fixed in the house.
Watch
out for so called Techs who don't work at electronics full time, &
some who
only have a cell phone number! I'm seeing some units totally damaged,
& not
worth repairing! Dani.

Saw your reply on the other thread, not a problem. How do I get a service
manual like you describe in PDF? Would be handy...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It's at work, I may be able to E-Mail it to you. Not sure how big it
is.
I'll see on Monday. Dani.

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
"Dani" wrote in
oups.com:

It's possibly a comb filter and/or PIP problem. I have the service
manual
in PDF format from Hitachi Service. Not easily fixed in the house.
Watch
out for so called Techs who don't work at electronics full time, &
some who
only have a cell phone number! I'm seeing some units totally damaged,
& not
worth repairing! Dani.

Saw your reply on the other thread, not a problem. How do I get a service
manual like you describe in PDF? Would be handy...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dani" wrote in
ups.com:

It's at work, I may be able to E-Mail it to you. Not sure how big it
is.
I'll see on Monday. Dani.

Saw your reply on the other thread, not a problem. How do I get a
service manual like you describe in PDF? Would be handy...

let me know - I'll email you my personal email address - not the one I list
here. Appreciate any help!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

snip..

How do I get a service
manual like you describe in PDF? Would be handy...

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...hi_46UX7B.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

" wrote in
oups.com: